This Caribbean-style chicken has a spicy kick to it, and is sure to impress your family and dinner guests alike. Because it’s made with common ingredients, this Caribbean chicken recipe is easy to make often. It’s hard to believe something so good is so easy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless free-range chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, and sprinkle curry powder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, stirring until mixture has thickened and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir until well combined; cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.